Go to the Cardano Summit. Trembling on my feet and knowing where I stand in a world

Go to the Cardano Summit. Trembling on my feet and knowing where I stand in a world

Today, I woke up this morning at a whopping 14:00 past. It was really too bad. I slept a lot because of what happened last night. I was supposed to get up around 10:00 a.m., but I ended up sleeping for 11 hours. I was really surprised at the effect it had on me.

After that, I decided to go to Racha to try the shkumerli which is very famous cuisine in Georgia and was mentioned on Youtube. It was a local restaurant, a kind of Georgian restaurant. It is located near Liberty Square, so I walked there listening to my earphones. I wondered if I should go to Cardano Summit, but I had made a reservation there and I didn’t want to ruin the experience. So I decided to go to Cardano Summit. On the way there, I passed by the National Museum and wished I could go there.

But to my surprise, the museum closes at 6:00 p.m., so I decided to go a little earlier. So I decided to go back later.



Go to Restaurant Racha for Shkumerli

When I arrived at Racha, I wondered if there would be a lot of people there, but there were not that many. It seemed that there were more local Georgians than tourists. I am very nervous every time I go into a restaurant, but I am getting used to it. So the lady gave me a menu. I sat near the fireplace, so it was very warm. It was raining today. Of course, not so much that I had to use an umbrella, but my hair was mussed and my chester coat was wet. It was really disgusting. It’s really rare that it rains in Georgia, so I felt really bad. Oh well, but it couldn’t helped.



So I looked at the menu and to my surprise, there was shkumerli. But it seemed to be ordered at the counter. So I ordered it at the counter. But it was the most expensive one. It was 30 lari, or 1,500 yen. It was a little too expensive. But I wanted to try authentic shkumerli, so I decided to have it.

The shkumerli took quite a long time to be made, and since it was located underground, there was no even 3G connection at all. So I wrote in my diary while I waited. On the way there, a man started cooking meat in the fireplace near where I was sitting, and the white ashes flew at me, which I didn’t like very much. So I moved my seat.

About 30 minutes later, Shkumerli finally appeared! What a lot of garlic there…. I was planning to talk to people at the Cardano Summit today, so I thought to myself that I had made a mistake by smelling like garlic. But since I had ordered it, I had no choice but to take a picture of the shkumerli and then eat it.



The shkumerli was probably a baked mixture of milk, chicken, garlic. It was really good. But it was just like, I’ve had it once and I’m done with it. But you know, the garlic smell was really savory and it was really good. It took me about 30 minutes to finish eating the shukumerli, and a lot of the juice was splashed around. I had to properly wipe everything up with a napkin because I looked like an ungraceful Chinese person eating it.

Still, it was really garlicky. But it was great. After finishing the shkumerli, I went straight to Fabrica, which is my hostel.



Return to Fabrica, but drenched by heavy rain

On the way back to Fabrica, there was so much rain that my chester coat was sticky. Well, after returning to Fabrica, I took a short break. I looked at the Cardano Summit schedule, and there was a meeting or lecture that I was interested in at 7pm. The place looked like it would be about 30 minutes from here, so I decided to leave just 30 minutes before. I was kind of sleepy, as if I hadn’t gotten completely out of bed yet. Now it was time to get ready and leave! I thought about bringing an umbrella, but then I thought, oh well, everyone doesn’t use umbrellas and the rain isn’t that big of a deal, so I figured I’d be fine.



Walking to the Cardano Summit venue

About 10 minutes into the walk, it started raining enough that I could see it, and I thought, “Seriously, I blew it, I blew it, I blew it.” I thought. Anyway, I hurried and walked fast to get there. The venue for the summit seemed to be a business hotel, a really big tall building. Every time I approached there, I felt nervous. Because a young 22-year-old guy like me, who doesn’t belong to Cardano or any association, who doesn’t know anything, who doesn’t even understand blockchain properly, was suddenly going to a venue full of businessmen like that.

And my glasses were soaking wet from the rain. It was really bad. I wiped my glasses with a handkerchief, took a break outside, and went inside. At the reception desk, I asked what floor the Cardano Summit was on, and she said the 17th floor, so I decided to go to the 17th floor.


With my heart racing, I climb the elevator of one of the few high-rise buildings in Tbilisi. And one of the few epic stories in my life where my curiosity and desire for a challenge won out

In the elevator, I took a photo through the mirror. I am really nervous. But pretending to be fine. As soon as I arrived, there was a desk, and there were cardano goodies. Hats and T-shirts and stuff. I wondered if I had to go to the reception desk and show my booking of attendance. But there was no one who looked like a receptionist, but an uncle.



The person was a Cardano co-funder, and I showed him the reservation screen on my phone anyway, and I made it a point to attend this event, like can I have this? I asked. I was too nervous and acted like I really wasn’t sure. So the guy was confused, and the other guy gave me the other two hats, and I got a bag, an attendee tag to wear around my neck, etc.

I was so nervous about my T-shirt that I forgot it. It was a really small venue, I don’t know if it was really smaller than I thought it would be, but the co-founder was right by the elevator and I was no longer where I belonged.

I went to the back and there was a very romantic view and it was like a bar there and people were drinking wine, eating dinner, really a lot of people. They were all in their thirties or so, and there really was no place for me. Everyone was talking to people, so no one was alone.

The only people there were the co-founders. So I was really nervous and I was like, “Oh my God”. But I thought this experience was important. I wanted to ran to the bathroom anyway. And I asked the co-founder, “Where is the restroom? It was really funny that the first talking with the co-founder of Cardano is, “Where is the restroom?” It made me laugh a little. It was really funny. It was a good memory.

I was in the restroom for about five minutes, wondering what to do, where to go next. Even if I came here, I had nowhere to go… I thought to myself. So I stayed in the aisle between the reception desk and the other side of the building. Then, I fiddled with my cell phone and asked my friends for help.

My mind goes like this: I call, assume something urgent has happened, and get off the elevator. I wanted to get out of the elevator, but the co-founder is right next to me, and all I can think about is how nervous I am. All I could do was hope that he would go away soon. Anyway, I called my friend and asked for help.
The friend was a Ukrainian living in Latvia. I told her, “I don’t know what to do, all these people around me are luxrious great businessman!”. “I was like, “Oh my God, I’m in the wrong place!”.

And then I saw him walk past me, and I thought, “Oh, this is my chance! Indeed, it was a really good chance and immediately pressed the down button on the elevator. I thought it would probably take a while to come, so I pressed the button before taking my coat off, but to my surprise, it opened immediately! I said, “Wait a minute!” and got my coat and got on the elevator right away.

And the moment the doors closed, relief ran through me. Aaaaahhhh! And.

Because I was on the phone with a friend, and we were talking all the way before the elevator closed, and after the elevator closed we couldn’t connect because there was no signal, but I was really relieved. It was so bad. I had never experienced anything like this before. Fastest ever. Probably the fastest person to get in and out of the Cardano Summit.

Only 8 minutes. 5 minutes in the restroom. I was really ashamed of myself. What a spineless person I am. It was good to go to the Cardano Summit, but I had gained nothing from it but experience.

I went for the networking and the experience. I wanted to see what would happen, what it would be like, and so on. I want to participate in virtual currency projects in the future, and I have a dream about virtual currency. But that was it.

But there was a big item. It was a Cardano tote bag and hat. This was a really valuable souvenir of my failure because I had to take the challenge and go to the venue to get it.



So I went all the way back to Fabrika, talking on the phone with my friend the whole way. She was really happy because it seems that the package I sent her arrived in Latvia just yesterday. I was happy about that too.

Anyway, my friend said to me, “Congratulations! Aaaaah!”. But still, life is interesting. It’s on days like this, when I fail, that it really gets interesting. I laugh at myself. What are you doing, Kota? lol. That feels good. And I felt so out of place. Everyone was in their 30s, all serious businessmen, and I was 22.

So, of course, the guy at the reception looked at my clothes first, and since I was wearing a Burberry chester coat, he didn’t make fun of me, but he did look down on me. I understood it great. But this is what everyone goes through. Of those who try. So, it’s okay. This was exciting. Someday, I’m going to laugh about this.



Even the washing machine at the hostel is a mess. I wondered if this is the kind of day I’m having lol

Then I decided to do my laundry at Fabrica. For the laundry I was given coins and laundry detergent. That was fine, but the funny thing was that I went to the laundry room, lost the coins in the wrong order, and had to go back to the receptionist to get just the coins again. And the next time I went to the laundry room, I put the coins in, but to my surprise, I pressed start on the dry wash and the washing machine was downstairs. That was my biggest mistake. Then I thought, “Oh no, I was screwed up again. I was really ashamed of myself.

How clumsy I was! So I went back to the reception, explained the situation, got some coins, and finally used the washing machine on the third try. I thought to myself, “I really am clumsy.” I laughed at myself. Then I went back to my room and wrote my diary. Today, a new guest came in, a girl on my right and a fat lady of about 60 years old on her right.

That’s fine, but I really couldn’t sleep a wink, they both snore so loud.